Thursday, March 29, 2007

Tyan

I thought i'd take a moment and let you all know how wonderful my dog is. Coming home from lab tonight reminded me of what a joy she is. Today had been a long day after a long week with no end in site. After two exams and two papers this week and two more exams to look forward to next week I was exhausted mentally and physically but coming home to this bubbly ball of fluff just seemed to make my day better. She was so happy to see me (as she is to see anyone who might rub her belly) that she fell off the couch and crashed into the coffee table making me laugh and made me think that, "hey this is how God would greet us." so overwhelmingly glad to see us and hear about our day that he trips over himself trying to get to us to give us a hug (or a lick in Tyan's case) and welcome us home. Then I thought, He loves me that much yet i tend to put Him on the backburner when i get stressed or really busy, "when i'm finished with this paper then i'll really do my quiet time" or "just a few more days then this exam will be out of the way". I know Tyan wouldn't let me ignore her- she would be there holding the ball in her mouth with that expectant..."hey lets play" look, but God just waits patiently for me to come to Him. I am the prodigal daughter- i don't tend to stray as far but any wandering off is still wandering off- but he is always waiting for me ready to trip overhimself to welcome me back into a loving embrace that no one can match- not even Tyan.

1 comment:

Brittany said...

This is a really great post, how blessed we are to serve such a loving God that always welcomes us home! And I love Tyan, too(-: