Thursday, April 26, 2007

well it's all over now...

So these last few days have been crazy, whether from exams because I had 3 this week or trying to get into Blinn and worrying about whether or not I was going to get into this Anatomy and Physiology class for the summer. This last week at churh Butch talked about Abrahm's obedience and one things that he said stuck with me this whole week.
"We can not pick and choose our areas of obedience."
That means that his instruction of "Do not worry" aren't an area of obedience that I can skip. I just have the hardest time sometimes, especially this last week. I tried so hard, when I realized that I was so tense because I was worried, to not worry and to trust that God would take care of me. Funny thing is, by the end of the whole shenanagans I had stopped worrying and the next day I got an email saying I was in the class, and not just any class the section I preferred! God is so amazing and I always forget it until something like this occurs and I am again amazed...why God is so amazing. I am reading a book that talks about being a Christian hedonist and one of my favorite quotes is:
" I know of no other way to triumph over sin long-term than to gain a distaste for it because of a spiritual satisfaction in God."
This means that I should let my complete satisfaction in God lead to complete trust and complete release for worrying. I want to gain that distance from worrying about what is going to happen in my future.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm one of your "favorite sites"?! i didnt even know this site existed! you should have told me, i would add you to mine! :) how are you? i havent seen you in FOREVER!