Sunday, March 23, 2008

"I want more..."


So I was watching the Little Mermaid today-I have a big test next week and I do everything including cleaning my house, washing the dog, running, cleaning out my fridge, watching movies etc. to put off studying. But my aversion to studying is a completely different topic! Anyway, while I was watching the Little Mermaid-one of my favorite movies when I was little- the lyrics to the song "Part of Your World" really hit me. Recently I have really been burdened for a friend of mine who I study with and so I guess that i've been thinking about why and how my salvation has changed me. The song starts out, "Look at this stuff Isn't it neat?Wouldn't you think my collection's complete? Wouldn't you think I'm the girl The girl who has everything? Look at this trove Treasures untold How many wonders can one cavern hold?Looking around here you think Sure, she's got everything I've got gadgets and gizmos a-plenty I've got whozits and whatzits galore You want thingamabobs?I've got twenty! But who cares? No big deal I want more..." Things of this world will never satisfy us. It says in
1 John 2:15
"Do not love things of this world nor the things it offers you, for when you love the world, you do not have the love of the Father, but are from this world. And this world is fading away, along with everything in it."
Things don't satisfies- Crist Satisfies more than imaginable! I don't know how many times I have seen this movie but this is the first time I have ever seen it as an example of Christ's sacrifice. At the end of the movie Tritan gives himself up for his daughter's freedom- just like Christ gave himself so we can be freed from sin. I thought that was awsome-don't get me wrong there are still some things that bother me about this movie- like how they say that falling in love is only shown with a kiss?! But again that is for another time...

1 comment:

Marcus and Meg Asby said...

Awesome, Sarah! I also love The Little Mermaid. And these are the things I want to point out to my kids when I watch cartoons with them someday. What a great mom you will be. Crazy how much wisdom can be found in a cartoon.

Again, I'm Meg - Jenn and Jeremy's friend. Not a stalker, I promise.