Saturday, March 22, 2008

My God is Mighty to Save!!

Edinburgh was amazing this year. While we might not have had as many patients this year as we had last year we were able to really talk to the people. Whether it was encouraging the fellow christians that came to see us or to witness to the unbelievers that game by. I think total we saw about 150 people and gave away about 40,000 dollars of meds but I felt like I learned so much from it- about myself, about others, about medicine and about my faith. I started out this trip knowing that my goal was to make much of Christ in everything that I said and did. But it is always easier to say something than to actually do it. The first day that we were there I was getting frustrated because it was 11 oclock and no one had shown up. I started thinking- the church here isn't doing what it said it would- all my work getting the meds ready is going to waste-this sucks! Then someone suggested that we pray about the patients God was going to send us. That jolted me outof my selfishness and made me realize that if I was going to make this trip about Gods glory I needed to trust that he would give us what we needed! It is such a simple concept but it is something that I realized on this trip that I struggle with everyday. I have seen time after time how God provides exactly what I need when I need it- even in more abundance than I could imagine! Yet I still let myself get frustrated when something isn't going how I want it to. There were so many other things that I learned on this trip but i've got a biochem exam that is staring me down. I just wanted to share a little bit about the trip before life gets hectic again :)

No comments: