Thursday, September 2, 2010

The disturbing part of the beach

Okay I figured its time for a little game. As I was walking along the beach last night there was driftwood all over the place and as I looked closer not all the driftwood was, well, driftwood. In fact there were some pretty cool bones (mainly the vertebrae) in it and if I had a way to transport them I would totally bring some home, but I'm afraid tyan would think they were for her...

It's called : name that dead animal...I was going to do name that bone...but that's a little too easy. At the end i've got a special one- but i wouldn't recommend you read it with any children who happen to like santa clause and his little batch of flying reindeer.

Not a game for the faint of heart or weak stomach.

If that describes you- just skip this entry...seriously. I'll post more appropriate pictures later today. and who knows maybe i'll even be able to catch up today! (don't hold your breath though...)


1. I'll make the first one easy:
hint it is a feature on 'The Deadliest Catch'
 2. The next is a little harder, in fact i'm not exactly sure what it is...but the white furry part has small beady eyes.

Sorry there is no reference for size next to the pictures. There was NO WAY i was putting my hand or even my boot covered foot next to these things even though they probably died by bear mauling (just for you meg) and not wierd arctic infectious diseases. **skin crawling**

3.  I have no idea... i'll just leave it at that

Is it wierd that I think this would make a cool framed 3D art? Probably, but seriously...can't you see it?! cleaned off and painted black in a black frame with a cool green and white damask pattern fabric behind it?? okay maybe a little morbid, but seriously high on the 'cool wall hanging' factor- much cooler than a few boring sea shells that's for sure!
4.  I could hang this one next to it!

Okay now it's time to switch the game a little: warning. if you are a fan of christmas and rudolph just stop now.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------I wonder how pioneer woman does those cute butterflies that -------------------------
-----------------------------------move when you scroll over them?------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Can you put Rudolph back together again? 

I almost tripped over these walking along the beach- a little more disturbing than the others. I was a little more jumpy at every twig crunch i heard the rest of my walk...I don't exactly want to be the victim of the bear mauling i promised to call meg about. :/

  
If you look closely there is a striped bone on the left, an intact leg on the right and another intact leg in the pile of driftwood in the upper middle part. The random shirt in the picture just added to the 'disturbing' factor but i tried to ignore it.

Just wanted to give everyone a little taste of the "wildlife" I've seen here. While I generally prefer them alive and at a distance I have to use Jason's ultra cool lens to capture pictures this is life up here.

No comments: